Employment Status: Temporary/Summer or Full Time
Laborer / Carpenter Apprentice
R.J. Kelly Co. Inc. is seeking to fill a Laborer and Carpenter Apprentice position. Candidates must be able to perform physical work on a regular basis. Commercial construction experience is preferred with a focus on installation of various materials such as drywall, doors, drop ceilings, mill work, blocking, etc. Candidate must be willing to perform multiple types of labor related tasks. The ability to take direction, work efficiently, and learn new skills quickly is essential.
· Candidates will report directly to construction supervisor and work closely with other R.J. Kelly carpenters.
· Candidates must have reliable transportation for punctual arrival to the job site.
· Candidates must work well independently.
· Drug and background checks may be requested.
· Normal work day is 6:30 am to 3:00 pm, with overtime opportunities.
· Many job sites are in the area of Burlington, MA, however, at times candidates will be reporting to job sites around the 495 belt.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to gain experience or begin a long-term career in the construction division of commercial real estate.
Duties & Responsibilities
Rough and finish carpentry
Job site cleaning
Lifting and moving heavy objects on a regular basis
Dress appropriately (company shirt, clean pants, and work boots)
Essential skills and attributes
Attention to detail
Energetic and positive attitude
Taking tasks through completion
Working on multiple tasks
Actively looking for a better way of performing duties
Good time management
Willingness to put in extra effort
Benefits available for full time employees
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com